Hey all,what is the best type of FM antenna to use today to get great overall FM reception from my Pioneer SX 838 and 939 receivers...The strongest signal reading I get on the best station is only around 3.5 on the meter,though the station itself is clean and clear....I'm currently using a radio shack antenna on my roof,but it's been up for many years....The antenna lead is 300 ohm on the antenna to 75 ohm coaxial into my home and then ends up 300 ohm at the receiver(s)..Is this hampering my FM signal maybe also? Thanks for some advice....
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Best FM Type Antenna for Vintage Receivers? - Pioneerhead 19:52:34 01/08/02 (10)
- Re: Best FM Type Antenna for Vintage Receivers? - Russ57 04:00:12 01/09/02 (1)
- Do It Yourself, instead! Pioneerhead. - groman 04:42:04 01/09/02 (0)
- Re: Best FM Type Antenna for Vintage Receivers? - John S. 01:43:14 01/09/02 (2)
- Remove the 300 Ohm cable? - Char 02:15:02 01/09/02 (1)
- Re: Remove the 300 Ohm cable? - John S. 13:04:43 01/09/02 (0)
- Seems to me okay ....but - groman 22:39:41 01/08/02 (4)
- New Radio Shack Antenna and new wiring - Pioneerhead 13:25:01 01/09/02 (3)
- Re: New Radio Shack Antenna and new wiring - groman 14:49:49 01/09/02 (2)
- Re: New Radio Shack Antenna and new wiring - PIONEERHEAD 18:48:46 01/09/02 (1)
- Re: If you find an URL for ARRL give it here, Thanks - groman 19:13:21 01/09/02 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.