In Reply to: Re: Are you running 390S directly into preamp? posted by HSquared on May 22, 2003 at 01:39:03:
I did extensive home listening of a 390S, and found exactly the same thing: very detailed, very smooth, but totally uninvolving. I also found that the player seemed to be "in a hurry" tempo-wise.
I ended up using a Sony SCD-1 as a transport with a ML 360S DAC, and it sounds wonderful. If I were you, I'd get rid of the 390S and get something else.
While you're at it, upgrade your cables. Transparent makes good stuff, but you are in the low end of their product line, and your gear is definitely not low-end. I'm using Transparent Ultra and Reference in my system and it makes a huge difference.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Improving 390S with Mark Levinson 30.6 or 360S DAC - HSquared 04:41:12 05/21/03 (10)
- Re: Improving 390S with Mark Levinson 30.6 or 360S DAC - Jonathan Tinn 11:23:02 05/24/03 (0)
- Re: Improving 390S with Mark Levinson 30.6 or 360S DAC - jsl23 07:37:15 05/22/03 (0)
- Re: 390S, Flat soundstage - pauldyworth 02:50:33 05/22/03 (0)
- Sell it! - Jon L 13:18:49 05/21/03 (6)
- Are you running 390S directly into preamp? - Howie 22:21:50 05/21/03 (5)Follow Ups
- 390S vs. other ML products - racerguy 17:50:31 05/22/03 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.