In Reply to: Re: cdp/transport suggestions? posted by digepix on February 8, 2003 at 14:45:35:
Good, sound research. If you are looking for the one-stage solution the AN and the Vecteur are both good, well -regarded units. I can certainly understand your reservations re the Sony and the Rotel, but feel that if you are reluctant to put up with compromised quality that you need to bite the bullet and pay the money!
Assuming that you have a decent-sized red-book CD collection, I personally would not worry about new formats. IMO the market penetration of red-book is likely to mean that even if other formats were widely introduced(!) that for some time music would be likely to be released in both formats, thus giving time to compare and decide whether the new format was a compelling improvement or just another example of sales hype.
Enjoy your music!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - cdp/transport suggestions? - Kiefer74 13:48:19 02/08/03 (12)
- Meridian 500, used <nt> - mrg 09:34:20 02/10/03 (0)
- Arcam CD72. Then, - matthewk 22:15:15 02/08/03 (0)
- Not a good time for a new unit - John C. - Aussie 17:10:54 02/08/03 (1)
- Re: Not a good time for a new unit - Kiefer74 07:21:48 02/11/03 (0)
- Re: cdp/transport suggestions? - Alung 15:54:01 02/08/03 (0)
- Re: cdp/transport suggestions? - Socrates 14:30:53 02/08/03 (6)
- which transport? <nt> - Kiefer74 06:38:23 02/11/03 (0)
- Re: cdp/transport suggestions? - LennyF 16:13:44 02/10/03 (0)
- Re: cdp/transport suggestions? - digepix 14:45:35 02/08/03 (3)Follow Ups
- Re: cdp/transport suggestions? - feet's too big 15:36:26 02/09/03 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.