In Reply to: Re: cdp/transport suggestions? posted by Socrates on February 8, 2003 at 14:30:53:
With a dedicated transport your choices that fit into the new and under $1K are few and far between. You have the Audio Note CDT-Zero and maybe the Vecteur transports at around $1K. Theta no longer makes the Pearl which was decent and I think $1500 when new. I agree that your DAC needs a good transport to sing, I'm not sure there is a cd player that can match a good transport.
Among the used transports you have:
1) CAL Delta approx $375
2) PS Audio Lambda $400-500
3) Theta Data Basic $500
all good choices but if the laser assembly lets go it's either impossible or not worth fixing.
So that leaves you with the Audio Note or the Vecteur transports. If it sounds like I've been researching it, I have. I'm in the same spot as you, my PS Audio Lambda died and it's not worth putting money into. So I'm using a Rotel 975 cd player as a transport and trying to figure out my next move. Anyone have any other suggestions?
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - cdp/transport suggestions? - Kiefer74 13:48:19 02/08/03 (12)
- Meridian 500, used <nt> - mrg 09:34:20 02/10/03 (0)
- Arcam CD72. Then, - matthewk 22:15:15 02/08/03 (0)
- Not a good time for a new unit - John C. - Aussie 17:10:54 02/08/03 (1)
- Re: Not a good time for a new unit - Kiefer74 07:21:48 02/11/03 (0)
- Re: cdp/transport suggestions? - Alung 15:54:01 02/08/03 (0)
- Re: cdp/transport suggestions? - Socrates 14:30:53 02/08/03 (6)
- which transport? <nt> - Kiefer74 06:38:23 02/11/03 (0)
- Re: cdp/transport suggestions? - LennyF 16:13:44 02/10/03 (0)
- Re: cdp/transport suggestions? - digepix 14:45:35 02/08/03 (3)
You can not post to an archived thread.