In Reply to: New CD12 chipset... posted by TBone on July 10, 2001 at 12:28:52:
when i compared the ikemi and the cd-12 in the levinson system i used transparent ref.xl ss interconnects.
in the "all-linn" system they were using all linn-silver.
i have tried the linn-silver in my system at various times. with the linn silvers my marantz sa-1 sounds much more like the cd-12 than when i use my valhalla. with the valhalla (which i consider much better than the ref.xl) the differences are dramatic (on cd).
my cd-12 was recently replaced under warranty with a new unit. i thought it sounded "better" but thought it was simply my aural memory playing tricks on me. i will investigate what the story is on the "new chipset" and if i have it.
thanks again for the heads-up on this.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Linn CD12 vs Ikemi? - MM 22:18:07 07/06/01 (19)
- Family Sound! - TBone 11:34:05 07/09/01 (5)
- Re: Family Sound! - mikel 01:15:51 07/10/01 (4)
- Re: Linn CD12 vs Ikemi? - mikel 12:15:42 07/07/01 (6)
- What do you mean by "limitations"? - MM 17:06:01 07/07/01 (4)
- try reading more clearly! - Mikenificent1 17:13:48 07/08/01 (0)
- Re: What do you mean by "limitations"? - mikel 18:30:41 07/07/01 (1)
- VERY diplomatic Mikel.... - email@example.com 07:54:31 07/08/01 (0)
- excellent point... - chiggy 13:39:44 07/07/01 (0)
- Re: Linn CD12 vs Ikemi? - chiggy 10:26:48 07/07/01 (0)
- Ikemi is not even in the same league with CD12. <nt> - kuma 03:28:48 07/07/01 (5)
You can not post to an archived thread.