In Reply to: RE: Effect of age on hearing Dac's differances. posted by Tony Lauck on July 15, 2012 at 07:40:50:
Look at the situation with various sports. As an athlete gets older he becomes more experienced and skillful, but as his body ages he gets weaker and less coordinated.
There is not a positive correlation between muscle loss and hearing loss however. Hearing involves many other factors besides muscles, such as bones, nerves, and water balance. So many things can affect hearing without having an external cause or having necessarily to do with age. For example a person who has kidney failure and is going through weekly dialysis might experience some hearing difficulty after dialysis due to a reduction of bodily fluids. This will also cause a common blood pressure drop. Medications such as Aspirin can also cause hearing loss.
At some point age finally wins out over experience.
Indeed age is the current that eventually takes us all down stream...can't fight it.
The rate at which one's hearing deteriorates depends on how well one cares for one's ears.
As I stated before the rate at one hearing deteriorates has multiple factors, one of which is protection from external noise. In addition to the various other aspects that can affect hearing, one can also include genetics to some extent.
However unlike physical strength hearing involves the sense of perception. So even if hearing is 100%, if the ability to discriminate sound is low perception of hearing sounds will be low. Much like a trained wine taster who has developed his sense of perception of taste. He has no more taste buds than anyone, however he can distinguish tastes better than most.
Music is the Bridge between Heaven and Earth - 音楽は天国と地球のかけ橋
Edits: 07/15/12This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Effect of age on hearing Dac's differances. - Sumflow 20:55:35 07/14/12 (18)
- RE: Effect of age on hearing Dac's differances. - twentysomething 05:35:01 07/19/12 (0)
- Tinnitus... - Tromatic 12:21:18 07/15/12 (7)
- I agree - sbrians 09:55:21 07/16/12 (5)
- RE: I agree - navman 08:12:39 07/17/12 (4)
- RE: I agree - earwaxxer 11:55:58 07/18/12 (3)
- Detail and reslolution.. - Tromatic 15:38:32 07/18/12 (2)
- RE: Detail and reslolution.. - AbeCollins 16:33:14 07/18/12 (1)
- RE:" Detail and resolution drives me out of the room " LOL - tmsorosk 18:00:51 07/18/12 (0)
- RE: Tinnitus... - Dynobot 13:17:51 07/15/12 (0)
- RE: Effect of age on hearing Dac's differances. - audioengr 10:06:11 07/15/12 (2)
- RE: Effect of age on hearing Dac's differances. - Dynobot 10:13:49 07/15/12 (1)
- RE: Effect of age on hearing Dac's differances. - audioengr 18:18:01 07/15/12 (0)
- RE: Effect of age on hearing Dac's differances. - Dynobot 05:09:46 07/15/12 (5)
- RE: Effect of age on hearing Dac's differances. - Tony Lauck 07:40:50 07/15/12 (4)Follow Ups
- RE: Effect of age on hearing Dac's differances. - Dynobot 08:23:23 07/15/12 (0)