I haven't been in hi-fi circles for a while and I know there is amazing modern gear out there, but have just stuck to portable/IEM hobby lately.
Mu current setup:
Kinima Hi G1
I was wondering what I may replace my CD Player with to go the dedicated DAC route (flac files)? Would the sound card output a digital signal to the DAC? I use an EMU 0404 as the sound card and output its audio via 1/4" to RCA aux input on the amp.
I'm already used to the CD Player being very good, but I know there have been many advances in DAC technology that may even squash the Delta-Sigma in my Arcam.
Is three something modern and worthy out there that would outperform my Arcam without question? Even at under $300? I've seen a lot of form factors so I'm curious. What are all the current best of / hyped components nowadays? I wanted to ask at AA because I knew I could talk to users who have already heard my CD Player.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Move from CD Player to DAC - JarrettH 18:10:03 07/05/12 (10)
- I second the Bifrost - Laser65 18:35:43 07/10/12 (1)
- I was happy with my CD player's DAC, then I plugged in a Bifrost, and become even happier! :) - willkayakforfood 18:56:01 07/10/12 (0)
- RE: Move from CD Player to DAC - mr.bear 23:04:37 07/06/12 (1)
- RE: Move from CD Player to DAC - JarrettH 11:22:05 07/09/12 (0)
- RE: Move from CD Player to DAC - JarrettH 15:59:30 07/06/12 (0)
- RE: Move from CD Player to DAC - fstein 15:27:28 07/06/12 (0)
- Bifrost - sbrians 13:03:03 07/06/12 (0)
- RE: Move from CD Player to DAC - andy_c 22:09:23 07/05/12 (1)
- RE: Move from CD Player to DAC - JarrettH 22:16:06 07/05/12 (0)
- RE: Move from CD Player to DAC - Mr Peabody 21:17:20 07/05/12 (0)