In Reply to: Re: beef posted by soundquest on November 13, 2001 at 12:53:16:
Hi everyone, I never post in audio web chat rooms, so this posting is indeed an exception to my normal ways. Several people have forwarded messages to me to the extent that someone thinks I a quite upset about his review of some of our cables in this chatroom. There is nothing at all like that, but I did find it odd that our 'second from the bottom' of our product range interconenct would be compared to the better offerings from other companies. The fellow had called me asking for an audition of some of our stuff, and due to the very high demand for our products, I had no interconencts at this time. I was about to complete 2 pairs of a lower model, the Fugue, for a dealer's demo stock, and I would be happy to supply those. As for speaker cables all I could offer were Twin 11 speaker cables out of my own personal system. I was aware that he is running a tri-wired speaker system and I expressed concern that he couldn't really tell much with only one pass band of my speaker cable. He assured me that he could move it around and make a valid assesment. He was also in a BIG hurry, and couldn't wait for me to put together some of our better interconencts, or appropriate speaker cables, so we had to go with what was at hand. Besides, for me,filing paid orders has to take precedence over building full custom tri-amp speaker cables 'just for a tire-kick'
We have had problems in the past with people borrowing 'audition' cables taking a very long time to return them or pay for them, so when I heard that he had completed his evaluation and published his findings, I just gave him a ping and mentioned that in as much as he had completed his listening and published his findings, would he please send them back tomorrow? [Remember, he has the speaker cables from my home system] All I heard was a one work reply of something like'Yeah' or 'Right' and the line went dead. I do not know if he hung up on me, or it was just a fluke circumstance of nature. I don't know and don't care. We had no opportunity to discuss his findings, which are probably spot-on considering his use of single ended amps, and the generally better synergy of silver wire with that amp format. I assumed he just hung up on me, as I may have interupted him, and the message was conveyed. nuff-said, so I just let it go and went back to work. Remember, during all this time I'm without speaker cables, and just took delivery of a pair of Piega P10s that I had purcahsed [ side note---great speaker!!!] I have them temporarely connected with some 'hook up' wire and I'll admit, I'm anxious to get to hear my new speakers with my proper cable. I just didn;t want to run into the typical situation of waiting for a LONG time to get my products back like has happened in the past. I certainly have no animosity, no grudge, no anger or other assorted negative stuff, and I am saddened to hear that he believed so. So there you have it from me, the ONLY person qualified to report on how I feel. It's too bad that that there was some mis-communications and mis-interpretations, but that's water under the bridge. All I can do is report he truth about how I feel about it all.
Please don't expect me to get involved in a long and drawn out discussion on this topic, as I have better things to do with what few precious spare moments I have. This has already taken about an hour away from my life that I will never have back. When you work 70+ hours a week, week after week, every minute of leasure is more than precious, and an ocassional day off is positively golden! Mike and I are getting a new Collie pup this Friday, [our second Collie] he arrives at the airport at noon. We have more preparations to complete. I just wanted to clear the air and let you all know that I'm not some pissed off bitch, just an overworked craftsperson anxious to get my cables home so I can hear my new speakers.
I would like to end with one semi-related comment,.....How 'bout you all shut down your computers for the evening and fire up the Stereo, or better yet, go out for some live music. Ultimately, I believe it will produce a more enjoyable and memorable evening.
Good Listening to you all.
Jennifer at JENA Labs
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Cable shoot out Part IV - Tekunda 07:24:06 11/13/01 (41)
- Re: Cable shoot out Part IV - firstname.lastname@example.org 01:33:47 11/14/01 (0)
- Re: Cable shoot out Part IV - Roysen 01:23:10 11/14/01 (0)
- Re: my take on ICs and your speaker cable recommendations? - Celluloid 14:36:39 11/13/01 (5)
- Gary...now how do we convince Tekunda to try the LASS! - Celluloid 07:07:52 11/15/01 (3)
- LASS, why has no one heard of them if they are so good? - Norm 09:38:52 11/15/01 (0)
- Re: Gary...now how do we convince Tekunda to try the LASS! - HIFIADDICT 09:11:26 11/15/01 (1)
- No...wish I did...but running up a red flag is getting strange responses:-) - Celluloid 10:23:51 11/15/01 (0)
- Re: my take on ICs and your speaker cable recommendations? - Gary L 13:06:25 11/14/01 (0)
- Re: Cable shoot out Part IV - HIFIADDICT 12:16:11 11/13/01 (0)
- Does Sohuaro have a webpage? (nt) - audioengr 11:03:18 11/13/01 (4)
- Re: Does Sohuaro have a webpage? (nt) - alan m. kafton 12:01:47 11/13/01 (2)
- Too bad the Sahuaro webpage - audioengr 09:53:08 11/14/01 (1)
- Re: Too bad the Sahuaro webpage - alan m. kafton 10:19:59 11/14/01 (0)
- Yes, please read on. - Tekunda 11:48:19 11/13/01 (0)
- Great job, Tekunda! (nt) - John 08:56:17 11/13/01 (0)
- Re: Cable shoot out Part IV - claud 08:26:17 11/13/01 (25)
- Irate phone call from Jena Labs: was I wrong in posting opinions? - soundquest 12:18:03 11/13/01 (24)
- Re: Irate phone call from Jena Labs: was I wrong in posting opinions? - Dan W 11:44:14 11/15/01 (3)
- I couldn't agree more - Jack Seaton 16:29:38 11/15/01 (2)
- Perhaps Siltech sales are up because of our postings?? - Norm 09:57:16 11/14/01 (6)
- I seriously doubt that. - Jack Seaton 18:00:39 11/14/01 (5)
- Who trusts "qualified" reviewers? - Norm 07:04:46 11/16/01 (4)
- I'm puzzled - mingc 16:31:40 11/13/01 (1)
- Re: I'm puzzled - DK 19:14:21 11/13/01 (0)
- Re: Irate phone call from Jena Labs: They were wrong! - HIFIADDICT 14:24:10 11/13/01 (0)
- What was their beef? - audioengr 12:32:40 11/13/01 (9)
- Re: beef - soundquest 12:53:16 11/13/01 (8)
- "Hell hath no fury like a------ - Des 03:36:31 11/14/01 (0)
- Re: beef - Jennifer 18:37:40 11/13/01 (6)Follow Ups
You can not post to an archived thread.