In Reply to: RE: ELF Cables/Ernest Farley posted by wirewizard on January 3, 2017 at 19:47:27:
Mt first impressions,straight out of the box.
These are not a broken-in pair of High Fidelity CT-1s.
They started out somewhat soft and congealed,a bit muddy.
Left them to play,while I had dinner.Came back after about 3 CDs.They were sounding better,but.Then a transformation began to occur.The top-end became smoother and more open (still hoping that will continue-no reason to think it won't).
Dynamic,low-level detailing and percussive touches are handled very well.
Good sense of weight,though I won't want to speculate on the bottom two octaves (using dual LS-50s).That said,everything that these speakers "do" well,is there to be had.
RCA connectors are very rigid and sturdy.Cable is gossimer-like,think spider webs.Very light and easy to manuever.A directionality arrow or note to this effect would be handy,along with R/L designation.
Two items that I will watch and check progress on:
(1) The "bloom" capabilities-will these open up even more and gain a little liquidity
(2) a slightly "dry" presentation-this will be tested soon,as I expecyed my PrimaLuna in today:No show via Fed_ex. Some of the "dryness" could certainly be a sonic characteristic of the Winsome Labs Mouse,which is filling in during the amplification change.
It mated well with the modified Lineaum tweeter/speakers,but that tweeter is forgiving in nature and subtly warm/soft.
Hopefully have some tubes in to compare tomorrow.
When I feel the cables are more broken-in,I will substitute the ELF Silver Helix in place of the Clear Day /Eichman that I use as a "digital reference".I'm sure it will have an affect,good or bad-we will see.
I'm thinking this is a no-brainer at $100/1M/pr
Tom:catThis post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - ELF Cables/Ernest Farley - Tidycat1 19:51:38 12/29/16 (9)
- RE: ELF Cables/Ernest Farley - RadioWonder 11:22:05 12/30/16 (8)
- RE: ELF Cables/Ernest Farley - DrN 14:05:19 12/30/16 (7)
- RE: ELF Cables/Ernest Farley - Tidycat1 19:44:16 12/30/16 (6)
- RE: ELF Cables/Ernest Farley - Tidycat1 19:42:10 01/03/17 (5)
- RE: ELF Cables/Ernest Farley - wirewizard 19:47:27 01/03/17 (4)