In Reply to: RE: Insufficient information posted by Uncle Hippie on June 19, 2012 at 11:49:53:
Still unclear on what you are asking.
If it is cable capacitance ...
then capacitance will only effect HF.
If it is the coupling cap of phono stage output ...
then higher capaitance will improve bass.
Use C = 1 / (2*Pi*F*R)
F is usually 2Hz on a phono stage
R is the total resistance to ground
(Output R in parallel with next stage's input R)
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Does More Capacitance = More or Less Bass Response? - Uncle Hippie 06:30:27 06/19/12 (13)
- Insufficient information - Stale 09:56:07 06/19/12 (11)
- RE: Insufficient information - Uncle Hippie 11:49:53 06/19/12 (8)
- If it is between cartrdige and phono stage - Stale 09:54:24 06/21/12 (0)
- RE: Insufficient information - Blackdog 19:17:30 06/20/12 (2)
- RE: Insufficient information - Uncle Hippie 05:16:03 06/21/12 (1)
- RE: Insufficient information - Blackdog 08:17:09 06/21/12 (0)
- RE: Insufficient information - danlaudionut 22:02:22 06/19/12 (3)
- Goertz cables have been linked with instability when used with some amplifiers. - jihad 10:24:20 06/19/12 (1)
- Yes, but easily corrected with Zobel network - Stale 09:52:25 06/21/12 (0)
- RE: Does More Capacitance = More or Less Bass Response? - Dynobot 08:23:42 06/19/12 (0)