In Reply to: RE: What are you trying to accomplish? posted by RogerT on June 3, 2012 at 07:29:23:
Well the reason I asked is because cables, like anything else in audio, have synergestic qualities. Which means that you can't just buy one that will improve sonics across the board in all areas. Most cables will provide more resolution and accuracy than the Cardas, which you may or may not like. For instance, Nordost is VERY revealing, and while some people love it, others do not because it exposes many warts. High definition is not for everyone.
If you are simply looking for something that is still warm and musical, like the Cardas, but just a bit better, you may be interested in something in the Kubala-Sosna line. You still haven't recommended a price range, so I'll just say that I've owned both Cardas Golden Reference and the K-S Emotion, the Emotion would be a step up.
My personal favorite warm and musical interconnect is the Jade Audio Hybrid Gold, which is pretty pricey, since gold is also pricey. If you are looking for something with more speed and resolution, the Stealth Indra is a very good interconnect. Not quite as fast as Nordost Valhalla, but close, and a bit more musical.
As you can see, there are many different roads that you could choose. Saying that you just want the sound to get better is like saying that you want to drive. Unless someone knows which general direction you want to head in (sound attributes you feel are missing), or how far you want to go (price), giving directions can be rather difficult.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Turntable Interconnect upgrade - RogerT 09:26:48 06/02/12 (9)
- RE: Turntable Interconnect upgrade - mtwilke 17:50:38 06/07/12 (0)
- RE: Turntable Interconnect upgrade - Joe Backer 16:31:12 06/03/12 (0)
- What are you trying to accomplish? - Justlisten2 12:12:40 06/02/12 (6)
- RE: What are you trying to accomplish? - RogerT 07:29:23 06/03/12 (5)
- RE: What are you trying to accomplish? - Justlisten2 11:23:20 06/03/12 (2)
- RE: What are you trying to accomplish? - RogerT 12:54:17 06/03/12 (1)
- RE: What are you trying to accomplish? - Mechans 16:19:16 06/04/12 (0)
- RE: What are you trying to accomplish? - Mick Wolfe 10:39:18 06/03/12 (0)
- RE: What are you trying to accomplish? - bacobits 10:39:04 06/03/12 (0)