In Reply to: REVIEW: DIY by Chris VenHaus Power Cords Flavor & Flavor 2 Cable posted by Paul Tobin on September 22, 2006 at 22:46:12:
Just a few more thoughts and comparisons to the Bob Crump DIY power cords......
First up - the F2 PCs won't be for people who want cables that cover up system problems or anomolies. In this respect the Crumps would be more forgiving, by comparison they exhibit a somewhat more veiled less direct sound - (Note: I thought the Crumps sounded terrific in isolation).
The F2s sound very transparent and direct to me - everything sounds fresher and less colored than with the Crump cords. Recordings sound more different to each other, more natural, more realistic. Interestingly, I had similar impressions of Chris VH's' DIY silver interconnects when I inserted them in my system some years ago. It's worth noting that my amps are now totally wired with Chris' designs ie all interconnects as well as F2 power cords. Possible synergy?
The F2s perpectives are similar to the Crumps, but with more apparent depth due to greater transparency. Perhaps the F2s seem slightly more forward, though I think this impression is due to the greater transparency - like I said, the stage is deeper and more defined, so it's not like things have been pushed forward.
As I said in my initial report, bass is significantly tauter with more impact (but not quantity).
I wouldn't say there was a huge difference in dynamics between the two designs - the Crumps were very good IMO, the F2s probably edge ahead because their tranparency gives more range at the quiet end and the bass tautness and overall clarity punctuates transient impact.
I'm loving how these things make my system sound!
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - REVIEW: DIY by Chris VenHaus Power Cords Flavor & Flavor 2 Cable - Paul Tobin 22:46:12 09/22/06 (8)
- A few more musings - Paul Tobin 08:11:06 09/25/06 (2)
- A note on the Crump DIY - Mike B. 15:45:09 09/25/06 (1)
- Re: A note on the Crump DIY - Paul Tobin 17:39:31 09/25/06 (0)
- re: DIY Flavor 2... - Duster 12:00:47 09/24/06 (4)
- addendum: A very poor choice of words on my part... - Duster 23:20:01 09/25/06 (1)
- Re: I am very thankful Duster.. - RadioWonder 13:12:08 09/27/06 (0)
- Re: re: I am also upgrading all of my PC's and outlets to Furutech - RadioWonder 10:39:02 09/25/06 (0)
- Re: re: DIY Flavor 2... - Squonk 19:55:24 09/24/06 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.