In Reply to: FEP, PTFE, and the word "Teflon"... posted by Duster on November 28, 2005 at 10:05:26:
I already knew that Teflon is a family of DuPont fluoropolymers, consisting of: PTFE, FEP, ETFE (Tefzel), and PFA, but...
A fellow inmate says it is actually correct to refer to FEP as "Teflon".
I understand that it is "correct" in the strict sense of the term but, as I said in the post:
"...Dupont's FEP product is branded as TeflonÂ® FEP), Teflon usually refers to PTFE in audiophlia, no matter who manufacturered it..."
To the best of my understanding; to casually call FEP "Teflon" without mentioning FEP in the same breath is misleading. I do not think I'm the originator of this notion. However, if I am, than I'm sorry for posting the statement about FEP.
...and I'll make sure to use the word Teflon instead of FEP to describe my FEP insulated cables in future posts, since it sure looks a helluva lot cooler than FEP does.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - Questions about replacement PC for C320BEE - TopPop 22:39:27 11/26/05 (16)
- Re: Thanks for all of your help, Bart! (nt) - TopPop 20:45:50 11/27/05 (1)
- Re: Thanks for all of your help, Bart! (nt) - bartc 20:57:38 11/27/05 (0)
- One more thing... - bartc 17:22:04 11/27/05 (0)
- Yes, and you're looking in the wrong places! - bartc 06:32:37 11/27/05 (12)
- FEP, PTFE, and the word "Teflon"... - Duster 10:05:26 11/28/05 (7)
- I stand corrected, perhaps... - Duster 01:15:13 11/29/05 (3)
- Yes, I was wrong... - Duster 11:09:58 11/29/05 (2)
- Is that cryoed too, Duster??? LOL - bartc 13:19:29 11/28/05 (2)
- Re: Would you recommend... - TopPop 10:30:04 11/27/05 (1)
- No insulation necessary to finish it - bartc 17:18:13 11/27/05 (0)
- Re: Yes, and you're looking in the wrong places! - TopPop 10:03:10 11/27/05 (1)
- Check on proper flavor for the CDP - bartc 17:19:56 11/27/05 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.