Model: The Hot Box Category: Cable Suggested Retail Price: $139.99 Description: 4 outlet AC box with modified captive Flavor 2 cord Manufacturer URL: VH Audio Model Picture: View
Review by Dr Rico (A) on May 27, 2005 at 21:04:24
IP Address: 188.8.131.52
Add Your Review
for the The Hot Box9 foot The Hot Box with extra filtering.
Features of my Hot Box:
1) Star wiring to each receptacle.
2) A modified Chris VenHaus Flavor 4 power cord connected to the outlet box with two ground wires spaced from each other that spiral around the outside of the cable.
3) Cryo-treated outlets, isolated from the metal box. One of the ground wires is connected to the outlet grounds and the other ground is connected to the box.
4) 15 amp deep cryogenically treated Pass & Seymour receptacles.
5) Optional power filter upgrade consisting of two .47 uF 600V Auricaps per receptacle connected between line and neutral.
1440 hours with refrigerator or clothes drier. Used for making music for about 100 hours at this point.
The VH Audio Hot Box couples a high quality cable to a utility outlet box. I use this in a stage rig for guitar amplification and for digital and analog sound processing. My amp's response is quicker and has a more open sound. There appears to be more power on demand for heavy transients. The cable is stiff and doesn't lay down well, but that is to be expected.
Mine came with an extra cro-treated outlet for my wall, gratis. Classy!
If mine gets riped off by some stage weasel, I'll buy another from Chris. Good Stuff.
Product Weakness: Typically stiff cable. Product Strengths: High quality product at decent price point. Quickly delivered. pleasant and quick communication.
Associated Equipment for this Review: Amplifier: Komet 60 Preamplifier (or None if Integrated): None Sources (CDP/Turntable): Chapin Slow Burn Hawk (guitar) Speakers: Celestion G12m 003 cones (4x12) Cables/Interconnects: Evidence Audio HG instrument cable, VansEvers Mysteria and Blue speaker cables, Evidence Audio The Source AC Music Used (Genre/Selections): Original improvised rawk Room Size (LxWxH): 42 ft x 30 ft x 10-15 ft Room Comments/Treatments: Ceramic floor with rugs, plaster walls, curtains, glass Time Period/Length of Audition: 4 months Type of Audition/Review: Product Owner Your System (if other than home audition): Used at home and in local clubs and on the road.
This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
Topic - REVIEW: VH Audio The Hot Box Cable - Dr Rico 21:04:24 05/27/05 (1)
- VH Audio The Hot Box Cable - Duster 21:24:54 05/27/05 (0)
You can not post to an archived thread.