Home Whiner's Woad

Whining, swan dives and other inappropiate topics get moved here.

Audiogon: The Abuser and Monopolizer of Audiophiles

I haven't been looking much at audio sites for a while, and was shocked to come back and find EVERY site, as far as I know, except for Audio Asylum and Audio Review, is gone; with Audio Asylum as the lone wolf that has for sale ads.

It truly disgusts me to the core of my being the treachery of how Audiogon has cornered the market totally, ripping people off with 2% sales fees on top of ad fees, treats members like trash, has now eliminated the ability of a member to contact another member altogether, only being able to make any contact when and if that member has an ad, and only if you make them an offer, which you are forced to agree to be bound by to purchase the item if the offer is accepted.

What a ruthless, rotten outfit. Yet the audiophiles flock to Audiogon like flies to SH--. It is truly sickening, disgusting, and shows what money-grabbing, control freaks own and run this filthy outfit.

AudioFlo.com is gone. AudioClassifieds.com is gone. These were two of maybe 3 or 4 new sites that offered free ads, and tried to offer an alternative to the Audiogon monopoly.

There was a time when Audiogon was free. Then, one dollars was not enough. It went to $2, to $4, then percentage of sales fees were added. Who does this pompous, abusive organization think they are? To have the nerve to not just overcharge for an ad, but to demand a percentage of the sale! They've already collected $4 for the ad. They have no right to demand a percentage of the sale besides. How long they have sunk to the depths of depravity, only to dominate, control, and rape the audiophile community.

The audiophile internet sites should be filled with scathing comments on Audiogon, and its greedy financial exploitation, Gestapo-like controls, and censorship of people whose forum comments they didn't like. I'd basically compare them to Darth Vader. They are truly the lowest of animals of prey. Surely, were must be thousands who feel the same way. All audiophiles cannot be the masochistic yes-men to bow down to the abuse Audiogon piles upon their members.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Audiogon: The Abuser and Monopolizer of Audiophiles - Zear 02:33:27 06/10/12 (16)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.