Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Thanks, turn-key

Thanks for the useful info!

One day I hope to be a fixer-upper but no time to learn right now. Looking to recreate nostalgic boyhood system (which also happened to sound pretty good!) Now that I am an Ebay peruser and know that the stuff is out there I don't feel I need to jump on the first unit I see, but what I hope to get eventually is probably a Fisher X100B or C -- it's what we had, I think. It's an integrated, rated at 25 wpc ("IHF Music Power")and sold for $169.95 at Korvettes around 1962 or 3. No knobs in upper row, six knobs across bottom, no flip-down knob-cover. Some of the controls were functionally double-ganged, all looked double-ganged i.e. same shape even though the two sections did not turn independently. I lost an auction on one a while back, but it was nice to know they are still out there. Other Fisher models could interest me too, like the S100 poweramp; it's just a question of how much money and space I have at a given time. (Not so much at the moment.) I also like the Scott 299C and the matching tuner. I also like the earlier Scotts with the funky brown metal knobs and even the later Scotts with plastic knobs that looked like Fisher knobs. Then there's Eico and H-K, but lets say I'm a long way from my first million and already out of shelf space. But if you hear of an integrated as described, you are welcome to drop me an email at phenderson@snl.com

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Thanks, turn-key - phenderson 22:37:55 03/16/01 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.