Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: What would set the tone quality of a system

Charles;

I'm very familiar with the sound of your Sherwood. While your and mine are slightly different models, they most certainly share the same house sound, plus the fact that they were rebuilt by the same guy.

The iron in your Sherwood is some of the best ever made, so don't let anyone tell you some bullshit story about crappy parts and wooly rolled off sound.

Mikey chooses everything for a reason, whether it's a coupling cap, power supply cap, grid resistor, diode, or what ever.

My Sherwood does space and tone better than many "modern" integrated amps I have put it up against in my room. Some of those include offerings from Pathos, Jolida, and Prima Luna.

I made a quick video the other day of Agneta Baumann singing "Comes Love" that I sent to Mikey as he was curious about some new full (almost) range speakers I had built.

Have a listen, but be sure to use headphones while doing so otherwise it will sound just as shitty as everything else through computer/tablet/phone speaker(s).

If that ain't space and tone, I don't know what is.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.