Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Its even AR branded!

Hi Moss, Soul, and File,
Thanks for your comments. My camera makes the dust cover a little cloudy. With my naked eye I can see the turntable just fine.
I went over to see my neighbor Bill yesterday. He had a stroke and is in a wheel chair and has the use of only 1 hand....yet, were working on him. With one hand he could operate this AR-XA easily. The lid is made of a softer plastic than most acrylic covers. It acts as if it was damped when it comes down to touch the wooden plywood base. This was not a worry with the AR as it was advertised with a real hammer strike on or near it's base when it was introduced. I would never try that or bounce up and down on a new mattress with a wine glass full of Merlot resting atop.
The more simple it is to use your record player the more time you have to care for your record and the more likely you are to play your vinyl than resort to the ease of a cd player.
The dust cover might not be the prettiest thing going but to me it does a better job at making things easier than with the old cover to get the music out of your vinyl collection and keep your old AR looking it's spiffiest!
Thanks for your input......Mark Korda

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Its even AR branded! - mark.korda@myfairpoint.net 07:10:02 12/03/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.