Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Thank-you

Thank-you everyone. I didn't expect so many helpful suggestions. Airtime I found the thread you mentioned and was just about to try disassembly and then saw Mike's response and ordered the cleaner. I'm basically lazy, I will try the cleaner first, if that doesn't do it, try disassembly.

The one switch, 18 contacts, all open. No residue on any part of the tuner. Still scratching my head as to the cause. This is Phoenix so probably not moisture.

It is a Crown FM3, was listed on Craigslist, $5 not working. Crown hired Larry Schotz to help on the design. I don't know if this was when they were still saying morning prayers at Crown, if it was they must have missed this tuner. I had never heard or seen an FM3, so I was curious. Was over an hour drive, but turned out to be worth it. About a block from the guy's house, a gal with pink hair was walking a matching pink pit bull. Turned out it was the seller's girlfriend. Seeing that was worth the drive alone.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Thank-you - fredtr 07:13:28 12/01/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.