Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Gee...

Also technology has turned into nothing more just coming up with better ways to get a sales pitch in your face.

I couldn't disagree more. I couldn't imagine not having an iPhone today!

Since my wife and I travel quite a bit, I regularly use several apps for air travel, car rental/Uber and hotels. Always have access to email and internet.

I have a number of financially related apps for banking and access to credit card information. All my insurance cards are available.

I can't tell you how often I use navigational aids. From driving directions, to real time astronomical maps and the ability to mark where I've parked in situations where it may be difficult later to find.

I have a home security camera which notifies me of activity and allows for real time viewing.

I use the weather and radar maps on a daily basis.

I'm a runner and have an app that tracks all my activity and provides important metrics. Have a golf app which provides accurate distance to hole. Scuba dive tables.

I have a number of music related apps. I use iPeng daily to control two of my music systems. Create playlists on the fly. I calibrated my turntable speed using an app called "rpm". Listen to XM radio, Amazon Music or local content while mowing the lawn on my tractor. Have a nifty SPL meter.

And, its just doggone handy to always have access to my business calendar (along with my wife's in the same view), high quality camera, contact list and dead accurate clock and timer or alarm.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Gee... - E-Stat 10:27:03 10/11/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.