Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: I agree on all of your points, especially schematics and terrible downloads.

Thanks for responding! I wanted to see if I could put together a complete 2 channel stereo Yamaha system from the mid 80's early 90's that was not there least expensive nor there top of the line!So when I managed to find locally an RX 500 U in good shape for under $20.00 bucks,I continued from there!Next came the Cassette deck,which I got locally for under $20.00 bucks!Followed by paying way more on EBAY for the CD Player(Which is kind of a rare model) & the DD Turntable!I also have some 3 way Yamaha Speakers from the same vintage! Not sure about the Model # right now.Everything is the # 500 model except the CD Player which is the CD 1000.At some point I may get the CD 500,so there all 500's! I just felt I had to have the Manuals to make it complete!Was fun putting it together and actually does not sound that bad at all!Everything works good except for some minor work that needs to be done on the Turntable!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I agree on all of your points, especially schematics and terrible downloads. - Brian McGowan 15:20:29 09/30/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.