Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: They can sound better

Electro, nice post!
Mike Samra, thanks for the info. I'll order those poly caps tonight from Parts Express. Mike, as I said I have 3 different mod articles from Speaker Builder magizine. 2 of the modders got together to combine ideas and the third had 2 Minimus 7's on a rack with 1 upside down on top of the other to make the D'Apollotto effect....can't spell that but the tweeters are in the middle and the woofers are top and bottom. Better imaging and such.
Bill H., a few years ago I bought a Parts Express pre built sub cabinet for a 12 inch woofer. The build quality is A plus with a massive brace built in and sprayed with a textured black. I bought the first generation 12 inch Titantic subwoofer driver and it reeks Scanspeak or Seas quality. The sub amp is their BASH from Canada. So far mine has worked like a champ but Parts Express prints all reviews, even if there bad. You should read them. Someone told me Klipsch uses this amp in their sub, 300 watts class D. It has all the controls to make the Minimus 7's vanish and discover that the E. Power Biggs was able to play the organ in my small to medium sized cave.
Parts Express has other sub kits but I built mine first like J. Cash, one piece at a time....Mark.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: They can sound better - mark.korda@myfairpoint.net 15:07:57 09/19/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.