Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Oh no, not another Minimus 7 post!

Hi, although the Minimus 7 has been around me my whole life I just got a pair in play because of a new cat in my life. The metal screens cured the claw fear factor for hifi's. There are 3 mod articles I have from Speaker Builder magizine but am curious what you do with the new cap. Mike Samra?
This test was by accident to prove the cost, effectiveness, sound quality and durability of the Shacks Minimus 7.
I was lying down on my futon in front of the TV reading the latest review in Stereophile of the Crystal Cable Arabesque Minissimo Diamond stand mounted monitor. It was only 19,995 bucks before taxes! Even John Atkinson gave it a ho-hum review if you read between the lines. I then looked at my new used Minimus 7's with nary a scratch for 30 bucks on Ebay that with a Parts Express sub sound fabulous!
Then it came on TV. The St. Jude hospital ad and the Shriner ad. These will tear your heart apart. At that moment I began to appreciate simpler things and cherished my good fortune for things that really matter.
The Stereophile hit the floor.
Mike, I do believe my hobby is to get the best sound I can so I'd like to replace that cap....can you recall the value.....thanks. Mark K.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.