Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Pas 3X Hook up

First you would not lose recording capability. You can still connect the tape out to your deck regardless of what is connected to the line level tape in they lable as tape amp. This is not to be confused with tape head which like phono and special are amplified low level inputs.

So the unit has four line level inputs. AM-FM, FM multiplex, Spare and as mentioned before tape amp.

So just connect the tape deck as you have to tape out and tape amp. Connect the tuner to either of those you want to use and connect the Yaquin to spare.

Now if you have modern larger RCA cables and run into issues plugging sets of cables in to jacks next to each other there are ways around that too.

Several RCA connectors today are narrow enough to allow you to use all of the Dynaco jacks on the back.

I've made that pre sound better and other pre's with those AC plugs on the back not just by not using them but actually disconnecting them. They are a noise antenna. Easy tweak.

ET

"If at first you don't succeed, keep on sucking till you do suck seed" - Curly Howard 1936

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.