Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: My path

I confess that I still enjoy hearing the absolute transparency and more lifelike soundstage of the main system, but as I get older I do find myself enjoying the Advents in the garage more than I used to.

That's what's happened with me..I have the Martin Logan CLXs set up next door down the basement driven by the heavily upgraded HK Citation 2s run in parallel, along with a pair of ML Descent subs. As incredible and breathtaking as it sounds,I get more fun and enjoyment out of playing with my smaller amps,driving the Newform 645 ribbons or my AR3as or countless other speakers like the KLH 17s..I haven't even hooked up my Angel horns lately.
The Martin Logans and McShaned Citations are incredibly magnificent and that basically takes all the fun out of it.This is why I wanted to add regulation to the 12BY7s just to see what it would do.I also run the ALtec 1570s on them which is all triode other than 5881 drivers but I always seem to go back to the Deuces for whatever reason.
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: My path - Michael Samra 00:36:31 09/04/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.