Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: What has motivated me for decades

Hi Jerry,

With the dwindling supply of good vintage gear, and the level of quality that I have reached, I don't expect any huge changes in my system. I will be switching and comparing stuff I already have. Due to their temporary nature, I will always be changing cartridges. I have collected quite a few. I will probably buy a DAC at some point. I do plan to experiment with cables. I think improvement can be made, but I am expecting only subtile differences there. I have all the parts to resurrect my Michell Hydraulic Reference. While I am expecting it to sound different form my Linn LP12, they are both very good tables, so again I don't expect a night and day difference. The visual difference will be striking, however. So like you, I am not expecting any huge leaps forward. My software collection has become insane with the vast number if cheap and free CDs available, so with my hardware and software, the main effort will be to cull. It is now time to enjoy the music, which is why I think both of us really go into this hobby!

Dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Herbie's Audio Lab  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: What has motivated me for decades - Crazy Dave 17:49:54 09/03/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.