Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Scott 299(A) and a modern small speaker??

That's a good idea but my wife is very much a techie. She has no idea why I would own a tube amplifier or use a turntable today. She's 100% mobile electronics - which, to be fair - that's the world today for most people. It's not so much the appearance of the speaker, it's just the fact the speaker is big enough you can see it. It has to be small enough to hide away in a corner.

I think most of us know there is a price to be paid in sound quality & other ways by doing that, but this isn't an issue for her. She listens to her phone and that's about it. We are just from different worlds on this issue. She doesn't even own any CDs. It's 100% mobile electronics.

In her defense she wants it to work and would like me to keep it. The house we're moving to is certainly a lot bigger than this apartment. I'm going to just take it with me and see if there's a way to make it work. If not, you may see my whole system listed on this site in a few weeks. I hope not but we shall see!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.