Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

I had two of them at one time

I was very leery of using them since I got them condition unknown and since they were so early solid state I didn't want to fire them up and have...actual fire. Especially after I read (this webpage linked below). Two things you have to note about them is one: there is no on/off switch so if the amp is plugged into a live outlet it will be on. And two, there are two lamps which are the size of automotive taillight bulbs and have bayonet mounts like automotive lamps do. Those lamps are part of the circuit, so if they are burned out or not making good contact in the socket it will affect the amp. I did actually try one of the two amps I had, and it did work. I didn't push it and I don't really remember how it sounded but it did seem like it had plenty of power. I never tried the other one I had. I figured for me it would be best to not play around and either fix them up correctly or just sell them and move on. So I sold them.
Good luck.
--Matt
"When you think everything is someone else's fault, you will suffer a lot."
--Dalai Lama

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • I had two of them at one time - realistico 16:40:52 08/15/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.