Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: I think what you are failing to understand is the fact that needs more power

Jerry
When you parallel amps,they can often times give up sonic depth that can be very noticeable in highly accurate and revealing speakers like the Magnepans,Martin Logans,and Soundlabs.I didn't mention any horns because they can usually work great with low power.
On my Martin Logan CLXs,I matched every component in both Citation 2s within 1% of each other.They go into the ML CLX speakers only so the powered subs at 100hz on down are alone, so basically the Citation 2s are loafing under most situations.The big panels are rated down to 55hz and I can run with one Deuce but U cross over at 100hz and run 2 amps and 2 powered ML Descent subs.My ESL panels are 91db efficient so that's pretty good.The CIT 2s are only running the panels from 100hz up.
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken

Edits: 08/09/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: I think what you are failing to understand is the fact that needs more power - Michael Samra 18:34:41 08/09/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.