Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Sooooooooooo what happened?

Traded a Deuce for the long gun pictured alongside the Sig.

Charles;

I had a Citation II for a few weeks. I bought it and the SP3A-1 at the same time from a co-worker who's father was going into the nursing home. I won't even tell you what I paid because I stole it! I told my co-worker that it was worth more, but he didn't want to screw with ebay, shipping, feedback, Craigslist etc.....

I tried the Deuce with the SP3A-1 for a bit, and while it was nice I didn't like it as much as my S-5000. So, I traded it for a near new DPMS AR-10 (.308 NATO caliber). This weapon should NOT to be confused with the pussy AR-15 (5.56 x 45mm NATO) that is currently the rage for douchebags creating civil unrest.

While I have not heard the amplifier offerings from VTA, I have my doubts if their iron is in the same league as the vintage Peerless, Mac, Freed, or Acro-Sound. There is a reason that a single 55 year old Heathkit W-6 Peerless 16431 output transformer costs as much as your amp. Understand; I'm not trying to disparage your amp as I'm sure it sounds just fine, but in general - You pay more, you get more.

Mikey, Eli, or Don may wish to chime in here.

As far as Mike liking the nice ones to work on; I get it. He told me that my S-5000 was the cleanest he had ever seen. He also said the one with the five slanted 12AX7s and big ultra linear transformers was THE one to have. Plus, my vanity would not allow a chrome pitted ugly duckling on the rack no matter how good it sounded.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Sooooooooooo what happened? - geezerrocket 12:31:42 08/08/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.