Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Switches (Old School)

Hi Dis123, that was a good tip I never heard before. It will make for a fun easy experiment that doesn't cost anything. Thanks. Eli, I am going to rebuild 2 Dyna PAM-1 preamps. A while back I asked on another forum how to bypass the volume controls. One guy redrew on the schematic what I should do. The only way I would do this is to double check his directive with you. 1 12AX7 works as the tone control circuit. I don't know if it's possible. I'd like to send you the directions he gave me to get your thoughts if you have a second to take a peek. Windows 8 set me back to the stone age for forwarding something but I'm working on it. Thanks for the info. Airtime, in 1990 I made a passive switch box with volume controls. In that catalog you showed me something looked familiar.I had bought my ALPS Black Beauties 100k pots from Mike Percy. His inventory is great and just what I was looking for! He now resides in Brooklyn Maine, the most complete opposite from Brooklyn New York. It is truly (down east),a remote lobstering town near Acadia national park.I live 100 miles away and must make a road trip and not just for parts. There was no internet when I bought the pots but I still have Mikes paper catalog from the year. I reconized the same font or lettering he used which was unchanged. You guys are great and thanks again.....sincerely Mark Korda.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Crux Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Switches (Old School) - mark.korda@myfairpoint.net 05:46:26 08/29/15 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.