Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Sidegetter take a look at this.

The 209's really are sort of like your 272 but without the gimmicks. That was what attracted me to these amps. I like their straight forward approach and tube compliment(no triode/pentode for phase inverter, no "Dynauaral") which I agree should sing when updated/modified. I do like your idea of using the (2)100x500V caps but my only concern is the physical size of them. I was trying to keep my amps as stock looking as possible. My approach to rebuilding/modifying has always been to keep the amp stock looking from the top of the chassis. Also I do have both metal and wood cabinets for the amps that would not allow the added height of the (2) 100x500V caps. My original though was to use multiple quad section cans with the same physical size of the originals and augment them under the chassis as it does have room. I would like to use the 50uf poly film cap as you have suggested. One question is where to source them from? Thanks again for your assistance.

SG

"Nothing quite like high voltage DC to sharpen the mind and body!"

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Sidegetter take a look at this. - Sidegetter 06:14:47 10/18/14 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.