Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

Thanks so far everyone,here's what I found speaker wise on the cheap!

Thanks everyone and keep the sugestions coming! I had forgotten about a pair of speakers I had picked up about a year ago for $4.99 a peice at our
local Thrift Store before they went crazy with there prices!I can not find a model # on these,but they did sound good on the Marantz SR 225 at first.Pictures of the speakers are from the internet.
Anyway we tested them out last night listening to Pink's 2nd album and they rocked pretty good,but They do seem to distort some when the volume gets turned up just near the half way mark on the Marantz.My feeling is the Marantz just does not have enough power to really make them sing,or something could be starting to go wrong with the Marantz that did not start showing up until now?The speakers work fine with no issues on my Fisher 450 T reciever which is 65 IHF Watts per channel according to my owners manual.Are these speakers power hungry?What is interesting is that
if you stay at about 4 on the volume control they rock the room and do not
peter out soundwise!So I told her for now to just keep the volume between 2 and 4 and everything should be fine!Brian

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Thanks so far everyone,here's what I found speaker wise on the cheap! - Brian McGowan 07:11:59 09/18/09 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.