Home Vintage Asylum

Classic gear from yesteryear; vintage audio standing the test of time.

RE: Fisher XP-1A Speakers

I've not experienced the XP-1's. However, I'm very familiar with the Xp-7, 7B,...9,9B,9C..the 10, and the Xp-18. I own most of these and have auditioned the others. Fisher made some crap stuff for sure, but the XP-series at least through Xp-18, were good stuff. They aren't to everyones taste because they were built to reproduce the acoustic Symphonic concert hall experience. That was the goal of all the Fisher equipment. Avery was after all, a devotee of the classical genre. Pair any of these speakers with a good tube amp/preamp and they'll just knock your socks off. I've tried any number of different combinations of amps and speakers and always come back the Fishers. For now, I'm running a 680-A power amp with a 202-T preamp/tuner through 2 sets of XP-9's. Can't afford the TT of my dreams right now, but I've got a good Yamaha. For CD's, I use a Denon DVD-2800 deck. I've auditioned a bunch of Cd decks including several of the Denon models and none of them come close to the quality I get from the DVD 2800.
You will undoubtedly hear a lot of negative stuff about fisher speakers, There's plenty of it in the archives here...and no small part of from folks who've never even actually heard a set of them! In the end, trust your ears! If you like them, enjoy them...:)! Walt

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.