Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

Question about Tivoli Audio Kloss Model One radio

I understand that the earlier Model Ones, which don't have an AUX setting on the front, have a purely monaural tuner. The later ones, which have an AUX setting, have the same stereo tuner that is in other Tivoli models, even though you only hear mono when you use it as a standalone table radio, as opposed to using it as an external tuner.

I have the later version. When FM signals are at their strongest and the yellow light is at its brightest, I get noise. For the best sound, I have to turn the tuning knob until the signal isn't quite as strong. I'm told by Tivoli that this is because I'm getting stereo noise, and that this is normal.

Tivoli also says that the earlier Model One has "slightly better reception" on FM than the new one.

Has anyone reading this compared the early Model One to a later one? Or compared an early Model One to another mono Tivoli model, such as the Model Three or PAL, which have the same tuner as the later Model One?

How much better is "slightly"? Will I appreciate a substantial improvement if I get an earlier Model One?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Topic - Question about Tivoli Audio Kloss Model One radio - Hoho 18:46:17 09/03/06 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.