Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

multipath

using a rotateable rooftop antenna can greatly improve reception and help virtually eliminate multipath. im sure a good tuner helps too. but the single most beneficial thing you can do for your tuner is not mods.. take the effort and install a rooftop fm only rotateable antenna.. the improvement is beyond belief. my upgraded accuphase T-101 has a multipath meter. when im tuned to a station i rotate the antenna untill the needle is buried in 0. this indicates that multipath is essentially not present. some of the best fm in the country is right here in s.f. bay area...otherwise you can listen to most of it maybe online.(try kfjc for starters)...thats the next step..how good can online be made to sound?...ive heard one particular tuner guru say that digital signal broadcasting does not sound as good as analog.. and a lot of stations are switching over..i dont know if digital would mean sound degradation... have to find out.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • multipath - skiroe 22:38:09 06/24/04 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.