Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

RE: Modern Quad-shield RG6 is fine for this job.

20 year old out door cable deserves to be retired. If you had to use a balun to attach to the antenna plan on retiring that also. Any splits in the insulation let in water which oxidised the copper or aluminum, and that in turn decreased the amount of RF getting to the end of your cable.

Which 75 ohm cable to use will depend upon how long a run of cable you need. Remember the length of the cable should be viewed with respect to the wave length of the signal.

thanks to the internet cable specifications are easy to come by. some insulation resist sunlight better than other types. The type of connectors that can be put on the cable is also variable that has to be considered because cable diameter varies even thought the impedance is the same 75 ohms.

If the signal strength is suffecient for waht you want to do, you can always put a small amplifier after the cable splits behind your receiver and then route cable to other parts of your house. Unfortunately splitting the signal into two decrease the signal in half, fortunately that is only 3db though.

Best from t'son
bob
Never assume anything I post is accurate.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Modern Quad-shield RG6 is fine for this job. - Tin Ear Bob 13:51:16 04/11/16 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.