Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

RE: Brian Beezley's FM site

This year I replicated an older Winegard FM antenna which had 9 elements if you count the horizontaly oriented unique dipole matching of the driven semi-folded element. The spacing went this way:
Distance 1 bewtween reflector 1&2 = 17.46cm
Distance 2 between reflector 2 & rear driven element = 42.07cm (this was a short 70.8cm split element insulated where the 300 ohm antenna leads attached near the boom or baton as you describe it)
Distance 3 between rear driven element & front driven element = 9.525cm (the total length of this element was 160.65cm. The outer ends of the short driven element are connected straight across from their ends to a point perpendicular to this element).
Distance 4 between long driven element and first longest director = 12.38cm
Distance 5 between first director & second director = 32.385cm
Distance 6 between second director & third director = 34.45cm
Distance 7 between third & fourth director = 36.51cm
Distance 8 between fourth & fifth director = 36.83cm

Overall length of the elements from rear most reflector to front most director was 221.62cm. Distances between elements were from center of diameter to center of diameter of the rod elements.

All the reflectors and directors plus the front driven element were grounded to the boom or baton at the point where they met. The only exception was the short driven element which was split at its center and cut about 2.5 cm from the boom outer dimension and attached with a plastic insulator.

If you compare these spacings to some of the ones you see on Brian Beezley's site I think you will be very close to usable spacings for your antenna.

Good luck!

Joe

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Brian Beezley's FM site - strijw426 10:39:44 12/01/11 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.