Home Radio Road

Which tuner to get and getting the most from it. Thank God, for the radio!

define worth listening to

Below is a list of FM stations on the "fringe" of reception (easy for roof mounted rotor)
From say Mundelein Il

http://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/locate?select=city&city=60060&state=IL&band=FM&is_lic=Y&is_cp=Y&is_fl=Y&is_fx=Y&is_fb=Y&format=&dx=2&radius=&freq=&sort=freq&sid=

there are 9 public or college stations below 92MHz

Don't know what you "like to listen to", but

to write off 9 non-commercial stations as "nothing" is probably being more than slightly picky

to say "not a lot" of tuner enthusiasts listen to classical is also your opinion, certainly not my experience

To write off NPR programming as a whole is unusual for most quality oriented tuner folks

now for statements like this "let's face it FM broadcasting is on a downhill ride" - I have been reading this sort of thing about FM since audio discussion groups started on internet. Could probably find many from the early to mid 90's that read almost the same from the old rec.audio.xxx posts.

As above, I disagree. A lot of things are about looking for the positive, not just focusing deep into all the negative. Even one good FM station can make it all worthwhile.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.