Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Re: BATTERY for filament heating

well we have to remember at some point not to long ago a group of folks shunned SET's as dumb for PP pentodes... then those PP pentodes got dumped into the dumb category for solid state...

its funny how the whole "dumb" concept is brought to life by engineers, and then the marketing division gets ahold of it and they get their cut and the only people who suffer are those convinced by someone else that everything they spent on their sysrem was right.

some fool once said... two wrongs do not a right make... well i have more than two wrongs and guess what... i think my sound is pretty right...

someday those marketers will realize that three lefts actualy make a right, and that means they can sell 3X the stuff... which will of course require 3X the engineers and everyone will be happy.

oh yeah... i don't care how far apart my tubes are operating... as long as they are not totally screwing up and the sound is good... why worry...

on the 6A5G... i would love to see the whole story on that tube... i have heard autopsy reports that many are just plain old DHT's and the books are wrong... who knows maybe the relabel of the 6B4 was just a marketing ploy to keep the tube base diagram drawers happy :-)

dave

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: BATTERY for filament heating - dave slagle 15:22:33 10/28/01 (4)
    • 6a5g - Paul Barker 23:18:35 10/28/01 (3)
      • Re: 6a5g - dave slagle 09:39:25 10/29/01 (2)
        • Re: 6a5g - Paul Barker 10:55:25 10/29/01 (1)
          • Re: 6a5g - dave slagle 11:39:17 10/29/01 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.