Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: 20B fun without Nreaking the Bank...

Hey Pat, just like you did on your driver tube, you needed 4v bias and since some of the the red led's are 2v VF you can get your bias the current will fall into place but if you want to know for sure your trusty DVM in series measuring the Current this will tell you exactly what you need to know and that is the cathode current

In mine I put 55 LED's in series and there is 5 in parallel to bring the slope resistance down, each of these red led's should have a slope resistance of 2ohms or so. even though my added slope resistance is around 20ohms it sounds really good, now i can parallel more say 20 to bring it down around 5ohms and i may try that but you have to be careful if there is not enough current running through the led you can have differing slope resistance (higher) so at or around 7-10 ma each Led is good

I bought my led's for .02$ each so 1000 leds for like 20 bucks!!! very cheap to make very good bias, cheaper then good quality dale or whatever resistor

if you want to know where i got them contact me privately

Lawrence

Edits: 01/20/17 01/20/17 01/20/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: 20B fun without Nreaking the Bank... - used-hifi 15:59:51 01/20/17 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.