Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Where to find large value uf film caps ?

Its nice that you know the Formulas. Now, SCREW the formulas and use yer ears !!!

The caps you wanna use are pictured in my December 2016 amp build - underside. Use WIMA brand DC LINK MKP-4 caps, at industrial prices, stocked by Mouser and DigiKey in the USA. Get the four terminal ones, sound better than the two terminal ones, IF you wire amp right. SHORT leads rule, I redid mine shorter,.... mucho better.

Order a 100 uF, 50 uF and a 25 uF and LISTEN to all three of them, gain experience from your ears, not only your eyes. In the above photo, I LAYED DOWN the caps at the bottom, main Rk caps for the driver on their sides, and used a blue 14 AWG Mil Spec wire, UNDER 1.5 inches long, to connect to 9 Pin driver tube socket. WIMA DC LINK caps, 25 uF.

Any 25 to 100 uF film cap on a Rk will require bypassing, to get the fullest musical expression, but that can be done later on, after the amp breaks in some...carefully done .

Have FUN, I am !!

Jeff

Edits: 01/17/17

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.