Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: one last question for you TK......

Glad to hear everything is working as it should, Vinnie. Let us know what you decide regarding comparative sound quality.

I haven't used the DC supplies yet. My order wasn't handled correctly, so I reordered a pair of the 5A switchers from someone else just last night.

You probably already know this, but just to be clear, I have two different uses for the DC switchers. The first is to generate 12VDC efficiently for 12V IDHT tube filaments, and to step that down to 6V with either a buck converter or linear regulator when 6V tubes are used. I won't know whether this application will require additional filtering until I test it with tubes. The second use is to tap into the square wave of the output transformer as a source of ultrasonic heating, in which case the DC output won't be used. The DC components will be left intact though, in order to allow the supply to regulate. This won't require any additional filtering, unless I decide to convert the square wave into sine.

Edits: 12/08/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.