Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: Modifying the Lighting Transformer

Thanks for the post TK. I don't think mine is quite the same as yours though, per the attached pics. Mine has no plastic base, just 6 wires going through the board and soldered to it. The red and blue wires are the ones with the coils around the doughnut, and there is a third green wire that just goes through the doughnut without wrapping around it and the two ends of the wire are soldered to the board as well. As I mentioned in my earlier post, I took one end each of the blue loose and took off one wrap of wire off and soldered it back on. The result was that the Khz reading went down by about 50 %. I then took one end of the red wire loose and took a wrap off and it went down a bunch more after I soldered it back on. I don't have a clue what the green wire does. If you look at the pic of the bottom of the board you can see 6 spots of solder in the upper center that hold the 6 wires. If you look close you can see where I removed one end of both the blue and the red. I did not touch the green.
Got any idea about how I should approach this one? Why did the Khz go down with one loop of red and one loop of blue off? Thanks! Nice post!

Edits: 12/07/16 12/07/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.