Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: stranded wire????

Hi Lew,

Its taken me a long time, the last ten years, and over 60 years of audio listening, to get BACK into the high efficiency camp. I use a 515B and 802D, in a modded VOTT enclosure.

The less we mess with the signal, the better of a chance we have to keep it intact.

As soon as you "split phase", we have a degrade in the tube amp. That rules out P-P and OTL amps from being the best possible. As soon as we parallel tubes we get a choir effect. So Lew, these are the things that come to my mind, (and to my ear), when I hear and aspire to obtain a proper system.

Amps, NOT SPEAKERS, are the biggest turkeys and weakest link in audio. Darn FEW SETs, BTW, are listenable / acceptable to me.

Lew, have you ever heard any 2A3 amp, over time, in a carefully set up system, that Mr. Dennis Fraker built? Probably not. THEN, you would understand, where I come from !!

It took ME ten years, of going to RMAF shows each year, and listening to Dennis' builds, to figure this all out. My new present amp, BTW, I feel will GET me where I wanna be. It IS Dennis' design ideas, and it replaces two sucked-out midrange SET DCed 45 amps I previously self-designed, built, and used for 2015-2016 !!

I am excited and pleased as punch.

Jeff

Edits: 12/07/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.