Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

another update....

Figured it would be better to post his latest info at the top of the thread to save hunting for it. I did what cpotl and TK asked this morning, and I have the results. Not what I was hoping for and it makes for more confusion I am afraid.
I checked the calibrate center knob on the sec/div dial and it is full clock wise and locked.
I then re-did the measurements on the scope of the halo trans being careful to read the correct value on the sec/div dial. For the trace shown in the attached pic, the sec/div were 2 microseconds, and I count about 3.1 divisions for a full cycle. If I am doing the calcs right, that comes out to about 160Khz, which is a long ways from the 32.5 I am getting with the fluke. I checked that again this morning too.
So, I am thoroughly confused and puzzled once again. I hope some one can tell me what is going on as I haven't a clue. I was fat, dumb and happy with my 9.65 vac and 32.5 Khz last night from the fluke, but now I don't know what to think. I do believe the 9.65 vac is close because the color of the filament of the 813 when powered up is about right. That's about all I know for sure.

Edits: 12/06/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.