Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Well all the parts finally got here......

The holiday must have messed up the mail 'cause everything was several days later than estimated by the sellers. Anyway, I got the two solid state switcher units units (these are only 3 amps and are for the 26 tubes). Also got the halogen light transformers, the ones that will give me 12 volts of AC.
Spent most of the afternoon installing one of the small switchers on the right channel and tracing down some grounding issues I had in that side as well. When I finished I had music coming out the other end and the same operating points as the bread board I did with the conventional transformers for filament voltages. Not sure about the sound yet, I tend to think I liked the other better, but I have not done any tweaking yet. The next thing I will do is install the halogen transformers on the two 813's of the left channel and then do a shoot out between it and the right channel. The winner stays and the loser gets replaced by the original version with the filament transformer for the 26. Which ever one of those wins gets built into the final amp. Should be interesting and will definitely keep me busy for a while. Ray P, I will start going through one of the halogen transformers tomorrow and try to follow the instructions you put in the post. Most likely I will be hollering for help before long .....

Edits: 12/02/16 12/02/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Well all the parts finally got here...... - vinnie2 15:14:05 12/02/16 (144)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.