Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Did you see my Scott LK150?

" I haven't posted much lately because I had another lithotripsy and I will be having a last one on the 24th and that should finish those kidney stones up I hope.
Anyway,this is modded with the typical mullard circuit using a 6SL7 and a 6SN7.The 6SL7 is the input voltage amp and the phase splitter/driver is the 6SN7.I did put in a pair of 35uf film caps,one off each GZ34,and the brown caps are the 470uf 105 degree Nichicons. It is quite a muscular,accurate,and very balanced sounding amp.It has separate bias pots and a pair of AC balance pots,all multi-turn.It tuns circles around a stock 7199 version of an LK150.
I want to thank Steve (Fender),for telling me about the 6SN7WGTA tubes. I have had brand new ones in my stash for years and never realized how good they are.They aren't the TS round plates,but they sure are a lot cheaper.
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong" H. L. Mencken

Edits: 10/15/16

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Topic - Did you see my Scott LK150? - Michael Samra 01:40:47 10/15/16 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.