Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

Not TRUE - at all !!!

Moore Franklin and Associates, in their lovely State of the Art phono, the MFA Luminescense preamp, was likely the first manufacturer to use large paralleled resistors in key places. They likely tried single ones, later, and went back to doubles because it SOUNDED better to them.

I have two friends, who are high-level audio builders, who use doubled-up and matched Rs in key spots, both are respectable individuals for sure !!

None of these improvements are " huge ", but they are all audible, and added together, make for a better sounding DIY result.

Yes, it is possible, and probable, that ALL I post will be a small but positive difference, for the better. And certainly YES, it is possible, highly PROBABLE, that the average trained E.E. will miss the boat entirely, due to their rigid, often non-imaginative, training !! I can lead a horse to water, but I can['t make it drink. YOU are a good example.

FYI, I know of one audio manufacturer who uses doubled up 12 AWG leads on power transformers.

Have fun. Cheers.

Jeff Medwin

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.