Home Tube DIY Asylum

Do It Yourself (DIY) paradise for tube and SET project builders.

RE: This reminds me of an incident with an Audible Illusions

preamp. I sold it to a guy in town. As it was not as good as my other preamps but otherwise working perfectly. Anyway about a week later he calls me complaining about a weird noise that was coming and going. So, i take it back and try to track down the source of the noise. So while it was on and hooked up i get no noise so i started to prod the caps and resistors and one of the caps started like an oscillation noise. So i replace it and retest, no noise, good to go back to the guy. Return it and few days later he calls back, he wants his money back because the noise is still there. so, i go back to his house and check out his place. And in one corner of the living room he has a massive rack of what i believe was computer routers or internet servers, i mean from floor to ceiling and 3 across. I explained to him that it is all the computers that he has in the room that is causing the noise. And he needed to get an isolation transformer or one of those audio power banks to clean up the AC noise. He did that and it helped but the preamp was especially susceptible. dak

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.